Prefabricated, systems-built structures are quickly gaining ground as the preferred method of construction. With the current lumber and labor shortages and a desire for faster construction speeds, more projects are now being designed and built using prefabricated methods.
Prefabricated construction is the practice of assembling a variety of components of a structure at a manufacturing site and transporting them to the location of the jobsite for assembly. In the case of Stillwater Building Systems, these prefabricated components are sections of the home called panels that are then easily constructed (think Legos) on site. Prefab often has the misperception as being of low-end quality. In reality however, it is quite the opposite and for that reason, prefabricated construction is quickly becoming a popular choice for all varieties of building structures.
Here are five reasons to switch to prefab construction.
1. Cost Savings – Buildings designed with prefabricated panels target all budgets and price points, creating an affordable option. We source a variety of types of wood depending on the project and budget and often receive bulk discounts which then filter down to the cost of a project.
2. Quality - With prefabrication, each panel is engineered and built by an experienced crew in a weather-resistant factory, with multiple quality checks throughout the entire process. Panel components are designed and fabricated with the use of high-tech software and computer-controlled hardware to ensure perfect conformity to the building design.
3. Quick Construction Times - Partially-built construction takes significantly less time to build than traditional on-site construction. In many instances, prefabrication takes less than half the time or more when compared to traditional construction. This is due to better upfront planning, elimination of on-site weather factors, scheduling delays and quicker fabrication as multiple pieces can be constructed simultaneously. Shorter construction times allows construction companies to take on multiple projects at once, allowing businesses to grow rather than putting all their focus and resources on one or a few projects at a time and the reduction in construction time can significantly save on overall project costs to the end client.
4. Environmentally Friendly – Our panelized construction is often commended for energy efficiency and sustainable construction. Traditional construction methods require extra materials that lead to increased waste. Computerized planning and recyclable materials ensure that very little goes to waste. This is a considerable improvement over sending waste directly to a landfill from a traditional construction site. Also, the controlled environment of a factory allows for tighter joints and better air filtration, which in turn allows for better wall insulation and an increase in energy efficiency
5. Safety - Since our wood panels are created in an environmentally controlled factory there is less risk for problems associated with environmental hazards. Indoor construction also presents considerably fewer risks for on-site accidents and other liabilities. We maintain strict procedures that allow for worker safety and quality control.
Would you like to learn more about prefabricated wood panel construction? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-501-9001